22 November, 2011

All the Parents Go Berserk

With apologies to Sandra Boynton.

One baby, lying prone.

Calls two babes to the porcelain throne.

Three babies puke on the floor,

Pass it to another four.

Five babies are looking peaked.

Six babies are acting wicked.

Seven babies pull an Exorcist

Eight babies…you get the gist.

Nine babies puke down our shirts.

All the Parents Go Berserk!!!!

All through the putrid night.

Babies ralph and hold us tight.

But at the breaking of the day

The barfing flu has gone away.

Nine babes are feeling well, while

Eight babies sit up a spell.

Seven babies manage rice with

Six babies smelling nice.

Five babies are free from harm and

Four babes sleep in parents’ arms.

Three babies’ heads are cool.

The last two babes are back at school.

One baby, healthy once more

Infected the other forty-four.

5 comments:

Jenifer said...

I don't want to say I am laughing and how great this is because I am guessing the inspiration was nothing to laugh about!

I read a bit about your adventures...you have had quite a ride.

NotSoSage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NotSoSage said...

Jenifer, your suspicions are, sadly, correct! I put the twins in daycare for all of an hour yesterday while I worked out. What were the chances?!

It's been a good one. Sadly, the blogging slowed down when we hit a spot with no wireless and we never caught up again!

What are you up to these days?

alejna said...

That was brilliant! I'm sorry that you had to suffer the source of the inspiration, but so amused at the result. (And by "the source of the inspiration," I mean the vomiting source, not the Boynton hippo source. The Boynton hippo source is a treasure.)

And what a serious surprise to see a post from you! I admit that, sadly, when I saw something come up for this blog in my feed reader, my first thought was, "Oh, no, she's been hacked." (I finally had to take Den's blog out of my reader for that reason. And it made me very sad.) So glad it was really you!

NotSoSage said...

Alejna, the Boynton source IS a treasure. Thanks for reading! I have been waffling over how to use this space lately, having taken all my earlier posts down...I'm still not sure what to do with it, but I wrote this out for my own (and Joe's) amusement and then just wanted to share it more widely.